Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Letter to Brittney





Dear Brittney,

Hello Brittney, its Gissele, so I read this really interesting article

about The Daily Show, and since you told me you really liked that show, I

figured I’d tell you a little bit about it. The article is called, The Good, the

Bad, and The Daily Show by Jason Zinser. This article is basically

describing the pros and cons to watching The Daily Show or any other type

of “fake” news, here’s why I want you to read it.

In this article Jason Zinser, the author, presents what he calls

“virtues” in other words the pros of  “fake” news. He begins by mentioning

its attraction to a different population. Since I know you love watching The

Daily Show and not the actual news, I thought it was perfect, for you. Zinser

also goes on by saying that this form of “news” is actually not afraid to say

how they really feel about certain companies, parties, or just people in

general. As oppose to other news broadcast, who are limited to what they

may say, or may think. Zinser also happens to mention the “vices” or

cons of “fake” news. He states that “fake” news is misleading, and should

not be taken so serious. I sort of agreed with him, because The Daily Show

or “fake” news in general, don’t really spend to much time explaining

themselves, they just move on from topic to topic. Then again you might

disagree with this, especially because this is usually your only news source.

The accuracy is also questioned in this article. I actually agree with this one

mostly because it’s a comedic form of news and they might get there facts

wrong and that’s not something I’d be okay with, I don’t know about you,

but I’d like to know that what I’m hearing is the truth. Of course like I said

you might disagree with this article, but then again you might agree with

some of it. It has really interesting arguments which I think you’ll enjoy,

because I know I did. Besides you like The Daily Show, so I feel like this

sheds a little bit more light on this particular type of “fake” news. Anyways

Brittney, I really feel like you’ll find this article interesting so I really

recommend it, again the title is, The Good, the Bad, and The Daily Show by

Jason Zinser. And again these are just some of the reason I liked, but if you

want to know more you’ll just have to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment